ExoPlayer is an application level media player for Android. It provides an alternative to Android’s MediaPlayer API for playing audio and video both locally and over the Internet. ExoPlayer supports features not currently supported by Android’s MediaPlayer API, including DASH and SmoothStreaming adaptive playbacks. Unlike the MediaPlayer API, ExoPlayer is easy to customize and extend, and can be updated through Play Store application updates.
Read news, hints and tips on the developer blog.
- The developer guide provides a wealth of information to help you get started.
- The FAQs page documents common questions and pitfalls.
- The class reference documents the ExoPlayer library classes.
- The release notes document the major changes in each release.
- Source code can be found in the ExoPlayer project on GitHub.