Web Stories for WordPress
Get Ready to Tell Stories on WordPress
We're not quite ready for prime time yet, but if you like to live dangerously, we invite you to try our first public beta.
With Stories for WordPress, we're bringing first-class Web Stories support to WordPress.
Tips to make the most of the Beta
Welcome! Starting on a new tool can be daunting, so we created a Web Story (naturally!) with some tips to help you get started. We can't wait to see your stories!
Click here or on the image to view.
- Where can I learn more about Web Stories?
- Web Stories are tappable, engaging visual stories brought to the web. They’re powered by AMP technology, so learn more about them on amp.dev.
- How do I install the Stories for WordPress plugin?
As soon as we’re graduating from beta, the plugin will be available on WordPress.org. While we’re in beta, the plugin has to be downloaded as zip. After that:
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button at the top of the screen.
- Select the zip file from your local filesystem.
- Click the Install Now button.
- When installation is complete, you’ll see “Plugin installed successfully.” Click the Activate Plugin button at the bottom of the page.
- I found a bug or missing feature! How do I report it?
- Awesome! That’s exactly what the beta is for. Please submit feedback using this feedback form or file a bug or feature request on Github. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- When is the final version shipping, and what will be included?
- Later this summer. In addition to stabilization, performance fixes and bug fixes, the final version will also include animation and page attachment support.