- Type Parameters:
T- the bound type. The injected is always assignable to this type.
- All Superinterfaces:
- All Known Subinterfaces:
public interface Binding<T> extends ElementA mapping from a
Keyto the strategy for getting instances of the type. This interface is part of the introspection API and is intended primarily for use by tools.
Bindings are created in several ways:
- Explicitly in a module, via
- Implicitly by the Injector by following a type's
annotationsor by using its
annotatedor default constructor.
- By converting a bound instance to a different type.
providers, by delegating to the binding for the provided type.
They exist on both modules and on injectors, and their behaviour is different for each:
- Module bindings are incomplete and cannot be used to provide instances. This is because the applicable scopes and interceptors may not be known until an injector is created. From a tool's perspective, module bindings are like the injector's source code. They can be inspected or rewritten, but this analysis must be done statically.
- Injector bindings are complete and valid and can be used to provide instances. From a tools' perspective, injector bindings are like reflection for an injector. They have full runtime information, including the complete graph of injections necessary to satisfy a binding.
All Methods Instance Methods Abstract Methods Modifier and Type Method Description
acceptScopingVisitor(BindingScopingVisitor<V> visitor)Accepts a scoping visitor.
acceptTargetVisitor(BindingTargetVisitor<? super T,V> visitor)Accepts a target visitor.
getKey()Returns the key for this binding.
getProvider()Returns the scoped provider guice uses to fulfill requests for this binding.
Methods inherited from interface com.google.inject.spi.Element
acceptVisitor, applyTo, getSource
Provider<T> getProvider()Returns the scoped provider guice uses to fulfill requests for this binding.
UnsupportedOperationException- when invoked on a
Elements.getElements(com.google.inject.Module...). This method is only supported on
Bindings returned from an injector.
<V> V acceptTargetVisitor(BindingTargetVisitor<? super T,V> visitor)Accepts a target visitor. Invokes the visitor method specific to this binding's target.
visitor- to call back on
<V> V acceptScopingVisitor(BindingScopingVisitor<V> visitor)Accepts a scoping visitor. Invokes the visitor method specific to this binding's scoping.
visitor- to call back on