This repository contains the TCMalloc C++ code.
TCMalloc is Google’s customized implementation of C’s
malloc() and C++’s
operator new used for memory allocation within our C and C++ code. TCMalloc is
a fast, multi-threaded malloc implementation.
Bazel is the official build system for TCMalloc.
The TCMalloc Platforms Guide contains information on platform
support for TCMalloc.
All users of TCMalloc should consult the following documentation resources:
- The TCMalloc Quickstart covers downloading, installing,
building, and testing TCMalloc, including incorporating within your codebase.
- The TCMalloc Overview covers the basic architecture of
TCMalloc, and how that may affect configuration choices.
- The TCMalloc Reference covers the C and C++ TCMalloc API
More advanced usages of TCMalloc may find the following documentation useful:
- The TCMalloc Tuning Guide covers the configuration choices in
more depth, and also illustrates other ways to customize TCMalloc.
- The TCMalloc Design Doc covers how TCMalloc works underneath
the hood, and why certain design choices were made. Most developers will not
need this level of implementation detail.
- The TCMalloc Compatibility Guide which documents our
expectations for how our APIs are used.
- The history and differences between this repository and
The TCMalloc library is licensed under the terms of the Apache
license. See LICENSE for more information.
Disclaimer: This is not an officially supported Google product.