Media sample app¶
The goal of this sample is to show how to implement an audio media app for Wear OS, using the Horologist media libraries, following the design principles described in Considerations for media apps .
The app supports listening to downloaded music. It loads a music catalog from a remote server and allows the user to browse the albums and songs. Tapping on a song will play it through connected speakers or headphones. Under the hood it uses Media3.
The app showcases the implementation of the following features:
- Media playback, restricted to paired Bluetooth devices
- Launch of Bluetooth settings to connect devices for media playback
- Volume control
- Radial background based on media artwork color palette
- Download media
- API sync with WorkManager
- Network rules
- Splash screen
- Marquee text for song titles
This list is not exhaustive.
Music provided by the Free Music Archive.
Recordings provided by the Ambisonic Sound Library.
- Pre Game Marching Band by Watson Wu
- Chickens on a Farm by Watson Wu
- Rural Market Busker by Stephan Schutze
- Steamtrain Interior by Stephan Schutze
- Rural Road Car Pass by Stephan Schutze
- 10 Feet from Shore by Watson Wu